Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Leah's Loafings

I'm busy getting ready for an audition tour in Europe.  I leave next week and I am coming and going trying to prepare to be gone for a month.  I'll be writing about my adventure but until then, check out these wonderful stories.  Most important, check out the last posting from Plum TV.  More soon!! 

Opera Beat: : Opera Idol I have the pleasure of knowing Barbara Conrad and I want you to know her story. She is the epitome of never give up. She once told me as I was on my way to a big day at the Metropolitan Opera, "Shoot ya biggest gun, girl." Brava B!!

Opera Funny Bone: : It ain't all about dying of TB NPR article on where all the funny operas have gone.

Poem: : A little bird voice What does your heart do?

 Opera Beat: : Song of America Baritone Thomas Hampson has quite an inspiring project and one that speaks close to my heart through the love of American Art Song. "Our goal is to build and curate a comprehensive archive of American song that tells the story of our culture and nation, through the eyes of our poets and the ears of our composers."

Art Works: : Of course, it helps to be sexy The top 12 Classical Music Pinups. No, I'm not kidding. Well, sex sells folks!

How to: : Shameless promotion Click this link to see a small documentary on the making of David DiChiera's Cyrano with the Florida Grand Opera and yours truly. Great backstage footage. Thanks Plum TV!

No comments: